Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Students of the Month: January 2019



Raine Knight
Under the ice of a deep, frozen lake
There’s a lot going on ‘neath the surface opaque.
This metaphor describes a student so bright,
And on this snowy morning her name’s Raine Knight!

Raine works hard and takes home straight A’s,
Which she earns writing thoughtful, creative essays.
And I like her humor, which others don’t see
Because I read her classroom journal: Hee-hee!

I see the thoughts behind those flashing eyes,
And I know what her subtle sarcasm implies!
Raine’s impressive! She handles details
Like vocab and grammar. And she never fails!

Raine’s well-rounded, involved and engaged:
Her paintings and artwork leap from the page!
She once absorbed Science Olympiad facts;
Now she plays in Solo/Ensemble -- alto sax!

And if she directed a film of The Odyssey,
The guy who played Cyclops would look just like me!
I know all this stuff because she writes a lot,
Which I read; then I smile, more often than not.

Raine: You’re quiet and create no ado,
Like that peaceful lake, which reminds me of you.


                                                                                                                                                                



Jenna Mollinet
If you’re searching for scholarship, it’s a safe bet
You’ll find what you’re after in a Mollinet.
In this case it’s Jenna, the youngest of five:
She’s keeping the fam’s reputation alive!

Jenna writes essays, so quick and complete.
She’s certainly part of the Honors Elite!
She finishes homework and always on time,
One of many fine traits to merit this rhyme!

Jenna participates, raises her hand,
Speaks aloud willingly, not just on demand.
Not only in English does Jenna excel:
At cheering and track she’s also quite swell!

Her math class is almost as hard as Jane Eyre,
A novel the honors 9th graders must bear.
One-hundred percent on the pre-AP quiz,
She’s a Victorian Literature whiz!

So, Jenna, I thank you!
You’re easy to teach!
And I hope you like this poem
Instead of a speech!


*<%^) Thompson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home