Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Student of the Month: December 2013

Amber was one of the few students in my 5th period class who got a straight A last term, and she looks to be heading the same way this term.  She not only completes the assignments, but her work is high-caliber.  She doesn’t just fill in the blanks for the sake of having them filled, but she takes time to generate thoughtful responses. (When you read as many essays and notebook entries as I do, this means a lot!) She is often one of the quiet students in class; in fact, she claims that one of her personal pet peeves is random loud noises…which I make all the time, so I’m afraid she may not enjoy the class as much as I enjoy having her in it.  I know a few things about her because of her writing,   and her writing style is natural and often amusing.  For example, in a notebook entry about how people of the opposite gender make better friends, she qualified her response with this: “Though, as I am sitting here writing this, some boys whom I assume are friends are messing around instead of doing their schoolwork.  And chances are as Mr. Thompson is correcting these notebooks, he will be able to tell who I am talking about.”  Indeed!  Indeed!  I also know that she spends a lot of time on her laptop not just to finish her school work but also because she likes video games.  For her quiet excellence, superior work ethic, and light touch when it comes to all things written, I am pleased to honor Amber Paxman as my Student of the Month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home