Good Bloggin'
I'm feeling a little blue today. The voting isn't going as well as it could because so many people are voting around the country that the server is sending back error messages. It's so slow! I'm having moments of doubt, like those expressed by Jamie in her blog. But I am confident that if everyone will take my advice -- Vote all night! Sleep all day! -- we can recover and succeed!
But to take my mind off this just for a second, I thought I'd point out to those of you who haven't noticed yet that there are lots of interesting blogs being written by your classmates. Here are some I heartily recommend. Click the links to see the blogs:
Elisabeth gets the award for the most consistently intriguing and conventionally precise blogs. She seldom (if ever) makes an error in spelling, punctuation, or usage, and her topics have an elegant simplicity about them that make me say, "Yeah, that's true!" every time I read one of them. Check them out!
Lizzy gets the award for the most well-supported rants. She rages about some things in her blog, but she usually offers actual examples that show why she is angry. This makes her writing seem much less like a tantrum and more like an essay.
Patti, if you hadn't already guessed, is in first place when it comes to sheer passion for the task of blogging. This obviously comes easy to her. Read some of her work and see if it inspires you!
Caleb gets the award for most blogs posted by someone else: me. He writes them and brings them to me, and I post them to his blog for him. I'm not sure why.
Katie gets the award for the blogs that make me go Wha??? (Local Cheesery?)
Paul is very good at stating complex truths in a simple way...and his conventions and fluency are excellent as well.
For a scientist, Lori sure has this writing thing down pretty well. (Brinkerhoff could learn a thing or two from her, eh?)
And Becca, well, she's got a lot of good things to say too...if you haven't noticed from all the comments she has made on other people's blogs--a habit I highly recommend getting into.
Don't be hurt if I didn't list you. Sooner or later I'll get around to everyone...and now that we all know what we're doing, I'll be reading and commenting on the blogs more regularly. These are just a few good examples that I encourage you all to take a look at.
Now go vote some more!
But to take my mind off this just for a second, I thought I'd point out to those of you who haven't noticed yet that there are lots of interesting blogs being written by your classmates. Here are some I heartily recommend. Click the links to see the blogs:
Elisabeth gets the award for the most consistently intriguing and conventionally precise blogs. She seldom (if ever) makes an error in spelling, punctuation, or usage, and her topics have an elegant simplicity about them that make me say, "Yeah, that's true!" every time I read one of them. Check them out!
Lizzy gets the award for the most well-supported rants. She rages about some things in her blog, but she usually offers actual examples that show why she is angry. This makes her writing seem much less like a tantrum and more like an essay.
Patti, if you hadn't already guessed, is in first place when it comes to sheer passion for the task of blogging. This obviously comes easy to her. Read some of her work and see if it inspires you!
Caleb gets the award for most blogs posted by someone else: me. He writes them and brings them to me, and I post them to his blog for him. I'm not sure why.
Katie gets the award for the blogs that make me go Wha??? (Local Cheesery?)
Paul is very good at stating complex truths in a simple way...and his conventions and fluency are excellent as well.
For a scientist, Lori sure has this writing thing down pretty well. (Brinkerhoff could learn a thing or two from her, eh?)
And Becca, well, she's got a lot of good things to say too...if you haven't noticed from all the comments she has made on other people's blogs--a habit I highly recommend getting into.
Don't be hurt if I didn't list you. Sooner or later I'll get around to everyone...and now that we all know what we're doing, I'll be reading and commenting on the blogs more regularly. These are just a few good examples that I encourage you all to take a look at.
Now go vote some more!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home